Madawaska Whtie Water Kayaking: Barry's Bay, Canada
In my quest to kayak the Grand Canyon, I joined the KCCNY in order to improve my paddling skills. Improve is probably the wrong word since at the time I joined the skills were nonexistent. None the less, I journeyed with the club to Massachusetts and there I found out just how much I sucked. So, I took my friend Joe’s advice, and took a 9 hour drive from Jersey City to Barry’s Bay Ontario Canada and took a 5 day kayak class with the Madawaska Kanu Centre. Yeah, I don’t get where they got the spellings for ‘canoe’ and ‘center’ but hey, I’m from Jersey!
Me on top, my class below:
My Madawaska Pages
- Check out my Plan and Cost page if you are at all interested in what I paid and how I got there. This should give you most of the information you need to plan a similar trip yourself.
- Check out the Gear List for this trip which includes my reviews of how each particular item performed for me. It also includes where I purchased my gear and what I paid for it.
- My Trip Log is also included if you're interested in what happened over the course of the trip. More than likely, the only person who will ever read this is me when I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. But hey, maybe someone will be really bored one day and need something to do.
- Check out the Photo Gallery for pics of the trip and areas we paddled.
- Check out Information on Madwaska here.
- Our guides suggests these books if you are at all interested. I usually try and read up on the area I'm going to so I'm not a total idiot. Sprinkle in here are a few of my suggestions as well.
- The outfitter we used was Madawaska Kanu Center, located in Barry's Bay, Ontario, Canada. Check them out if you're interested in getting some good instruction in either kayaking or canoeing..I highly recommend them.